Wednesday, December 23, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM CODE RED DVD

I would like to thank all the supporters who have purchased and collected our titles in 2009. In this time of recession and economic crisis, I understand how hard it can be financially to buy every DVD that you may find of interest. I hope that 2010 brings prosperity for all of us! For everyone, the Code Red fans and the Code Red complainers, who have emailed the company and did not get a response, I would like to apologize. It's just very tough and time-consuming running things all by myself and this is a one-man operation. I do try to read all of your emails (except for the one nut who continually sends me death threats ), but I can't personally respond to every email so please don't take it personally. I do appreciate all the youtube videos and even a facebook fan-page created by a supporter who took the time and energy to do it. I wasn't even aware of this until recently and it's terrific. All of you guys are the best! Please check this blog from time to time to see updates for our future titles as we have many coming in the new year. Comedies, madmen, zombies, and action films from the glorious cult & exploitation past, and even some of those 'much-demanded' titles that fans have been waiting so patiently for, will finally be unleashed to fill up your collections if you are so inclined. We will still continue our west coast theatrical 35mm screenings in Seattle, Los Angeles, and Texas so keep an eye out for our titles on the big screen. We have also co-produced two new films, so we continue to move forward and never look back. So I would just like to thank all the fans from the bottom of my heart for really making this company work, and I wish you all a happy holiday and a fabulous New Year!

William

16 comments:

Robert said...

Thanks for all the hard work you've been doing in getting these movies back out into the public eye. I guess it's the nature of the beast for people to complain if they can't have everything at once but really, there are more important things in life to focus one's energies on. The DVDs have been worth the wait. Happy holidays and best wishes for your continued success.

Anonymous said...

GO OUT OF BUSINESS! U LABEL SUXS. NOBODY WANTS U AROUND IN THIS BUSINESS.

Allen said...

No, thank YOU for not caving when the company became a one man operation. You can't do it all yourself and it can be pretty overwhelming. It's great to hear about the two new movies you produced, it's looks like Code Red is branching out.

The Facebook thing is going great and everybody is generally pleased with your product. I've finally stopped getting messages through there meant for you. If you can just keep me updated on what definite release dates are coming up, I can make sure the gang gets them. (for anybody interested, clicking my name SHOULD take you to the link)

Take care, happy holidays, and all the best in the new year!

derrick said...

thanks for letting us know the company is alive. But do we care? Lets see if you can hang in for 2011.

Kim Bruun said...

I would like to thank you for your efforts. Your company is an obvious labor of love. Even if some releases have been decidedly excentric (I think you own unreleased titles that would make a tidier profit than, say, Night of the Dribbler) - I hope you will manage to give the fans some of those highly sought after, obscure titles you've had on your slate.

Merry christmas and the best wishes for 2010.

Anonymous said...

so much for rituals being released on dec 22nd why can't u guys give us an update on nightmare anything would be nice thanks

Luke H said...

I too would like to thank you for your work; I had no idea CR was an one man operation. I would really encourage you to put out more posts like this that explain what exactly is going on with CR and address late products etc. Fans WANT to give you the benefit of the doubt but, when there is a lack of communication, they assume the worst and can turn. I say the more info the better as far as letting people know how much work you ar really putting into these projects and keeping us up to date on when they will be released. Thanks!

TimPhan44 said...

That must be tough running Code Red DVD all by yourself. Any chance stores like FYE and Best Buy will carry more Code Red titles? I think it would help you out financially. Just ignore the anonymous person. That person obviously has no life and nothing else better to do than tear other people down!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for not releasing The Farmer for the fourth straight year. You're doing a fine job releasing titles on time. Hope next year finds your titles pirated from bit torrent.

Anonymous said...

You never call!!! You never blog!!! (sob, sob, cry....)

But seriously, nice to hear the update. Wow, a one man operation... I didn't know that.
It's great that you're still entering the fray of DVD battle to bring us what we like to watch. My best wishes to you in the upcoming year concerning Code Red, and to all the readers that come upon this blog, may 2010 be good to you and yours.

And to Anonymous 8:52 AM, I'm still waiting for Wacky Taxi, but I'm not that angry type that you propose to be. Lighten up, dude....

Anonymous said...

Could you please give us an update on the status of "The Farmer"? I've e-mailed several times, and I realize you are busy, but could you take a few seconds to address this? Many people have been waiting a long time for this, and would like an update. Thanks!

SteigZilla said...

So where is Zombie Nightmare already ??

Anonymous said...

I read somewhere that THE FARMER is now handled by Scorpion Releasing so CodeRed isn't the one to contact about it anymore.

Anonymous said...

Scorpion Releasing will release "The Farmer", probably some time in the fall of 2010

delicreep said...

It is true thatCode Red is no longer releasing The Farmer. Scorpion Releasing is now overseeing this title.

http://www.dvdaf.com/search.html?pub=Scorpion+Releasing&rgn=us&init_form=str0_pub_Scorpion+Releasing*rgn_us

Anonymous said...

@suxit:

I'ts great for Scorpion Releasing to help out Code Red after finding out that Code Red, as I see it after reading the post that Code Red is a basicly one man operation.

and suxit, I used to go by the name Scatboy, because I like jazz music, but decided to change the name when I found out what some people consider Scat to be, and was asking me if I was into that.

and why did you put your user name as suxit, suxit? hobby, perhaps?